What is your preferred MobiControl driven OS / Firmware update method for Zebra Android devices, and why? I am trying to validate the best deployment strategy given the regular release of Lifeguard updates, sometimes in the 30-50MB range, and the occasional release of full size updates in the 200-300MB range. I am considering multiple aspects including, but not limited to, minimizing impact to the network and minimizing impact to the end users. Do you have users self-serve the update? Do you schedule them to all occur at the same time? Do you preload the update files and then execute the installation separately?
Delivery Mechanism Options
- File Sync Rule
- MX Profile that points to an FTP server or other download location.
Application Mechanism Options
- install_system_update as a post install script in the package
- install_system_update as a standalone script applied on demand
- install_system_update in a script in a package that is applied via a Self-Serve package
- MX profile for applying the OS update applied as a package
- Zebra custom app for applying OS Updates.