Upgrading Zebra Fx7500/9600 firmware from MobiControl
Steps to upgrade Firmware in Zebra RFID reader - FX7500/9600
- Download the firmware from
- Unzip the file and place it on ftp server.
Note: FTP server should be accessible from device.
- Create a file named 'ftpserverinfo.txt' and add the following fields in the file:
hostname= Ftpserver path where firmware is placed (For example: ftp://10.0.xxx.xxx/fx7500-2.3.14/ftp_based/
- If FX7500/9600 device is enrolled, move to next step. If device is not enrolled , enrol the device in MobiControl (How to enrol)
- Create a file sync rule in MobiControl to transfer "ftpserverinfo.txt" in /mnt/data folder in the zebra device.
- After file is transferred, Open the MobiControl and perform "Update Linux OS" on the enrolled Zebra device.
- Upgrade process would start for the device. This process takes 10-15 minutes.
- Perform the device check-in, check the Zebra firmware of device from custom data in MobiControl (How to set up custom data)