1 ERG server, 2 Management servers

1 ERG server, 2 Management servers

Hello!

Following scenario:

2 Management Servers &
1 ERG server

all in the same network (without firewalls between)

The ERG exe file is being downloaded from web console and executed on erg server.

When installing the ERG exe file, the FQDN of the Management Server must be entered.

When entering the FQDN of MgmtSrv1, the prompt "Installation successful" appears and the ERG server is listed in the servers list on the web console.
But when entering the FQDN of MgmtSrv2, nothing happens. No prompt and no appearance of the server in the servers list.

Why?

Is there an authentication issue with the XAS certificate generated when initially downloading the installation file?

We are planning to load balance our Management Servers (with hardware load balancer in front). But now I am afraid the traffic from ERG servers may fail.

• 08 January 2019
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 2 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 3 Followers
    • 2 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 3 Followers

2 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Albert | posted this 18 January 2019

How many ERG servers do you have? Are you running the installer twice on the same server to connect to both management servers?

Also, the ERG installer is not reusable for multiple servers. You need to download a new one for each install.

If you will be using a load balancer, you should be putting the load balancer's address during the ERG install.

Simon Breuer | posted this 24 January 2019

Hi Albert,

I think I have found the solution. If you have more than one Management Server it is important that they all are reachable via the same "Management Service Address" FQDN.

Then you can download the ERG file from web console and extract it on ERG server by using the Management Service Address.

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback