Android 9 - Samsung enrollment issue

Android 9 - Samsung enrollment issue

After doing a factory reset, I click 6 times on my screen in order to read QR Code (To download Soti Mobicontrol) but it comes out an error message saying qr is not correct. Also I try to enter afw#mobicoltrol on google account window but does not come up after a reset... and if I enroll by downloading agent from docs.soti.net it works but I cant use remote control and apply configuration profile to the device does not work. Any solution? Thanks!

Model: SM-J415FN & SM-J530F

Android 9

Type: Android Enterprise

4 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Yoan R | posted this 23 April 2021

So you are trying to enroll your devices as Device Owner in order to have full control / management on it, is that right?

Does the QR Code application install correctly? How did you generated the QR Code? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

RRMOD@SOTI | posted this 23 April 2021

Hi Juan,

Thanks for posting in the SOTI Central.

Please follow the instructions below to enroll the device as Android Enterprise ( Managed Profile ).

Manual Enrollment using afw#mobicontrol.

In all the v15 and above, make sure you have the following option set for Andriod Plus management under the global settings and follow steps below:

•  Factory wipe the device.
  •  On the initial setup, it asks you for the Gmail account, type in afw#mobicontrol
  • Give all the permissions the agent asks for.
  • Once the agent is on the device, put the enrollment id from the add device rule.
  • It will enroll this device as Work Managed device.
  • Check the search Integrity to make sure the search is showing all the devices.

AE Enrollment using the QR code 

• Replace the android enterprise agent with the right apk.
  • Edit the Enrollment ID field with the correct URL from the rule.

{

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_PACKAGE_DOWNLOAD_LOCATION":"https://downloads.soti.net/apk/AEAgent/GoogleMobiControl1440_1028.apk",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_SIGNATURE_CHECKSUM":"hn8mSNJMPcovWbnnWrb-uMpWZjNlNp-jyV_2A-Whumc=",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_COMPONENT_NAME":"net.soti.mobicontrol.androidwork/net.soti.mobicontrol.admin.DeviceAdminAdapter",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LOCALE":"en_US",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_SKIP_ENCRYPTION":true,

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LEAVE_ALL_SYSTEM_APPS_ENABLED":true,

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_ADMIN_EXTRAS_BUNDLE":

{

"enrollmentId":"https://s0000xx.mobicontrolcloud.com/Enroll/63"

}

}

Please try the above process for the enrollment and let us have an update.

Also, if this post has helped you in solving your inquiry, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from this information.

Kind Regards, Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

RRMOD@SOTI | posted this 29 April 2021

Hi Juan,

Please let us know if you got a chance to test the procedure provided. If yes, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from this information

Kind Regards, Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Juan Manuel Calatrava | posted this 05 May 2021

Hi!

Thanks for your reply, it is already solved. I managed to enroll it on google account configuration by adding afw#mobicoltrol.

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback