Android+ Application Catalog mandatory apps not installing

Android+ Application Catalog mandatory apps not installing

Hi, 

I have an application Catalog setup to install Amazon Relay only. 

It's set as a mandatory application but it's not installing. 

I can see the application is available for me to download when I break out of the kiosk. 

Is there a way of automating the download of this application? 

We don't want our customers to have to break out of the Kisok to download applications

Thanks 

Josh.  

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 31 July 2019

Mandatory apps items  from  Amazon app store will not be silently installed on any Android+ devices.   Even for Android-Enterprise devices, only mandatory apps items from Managed Google Play store (bit not from Amazon app store) will be silently pushed.   I don't think you have any alternative other than manually initiating installation of the app.

Josh Bradley | posted this 31 July 2019

Hi, 

I'm trying to download Amazon Relay from the Google Store. 

The application is in the Application Catalog as a Google Play Store Application rather than a Managed Google Play Application. 

When I tried to send the application as a Managed Google Play Application, I'm guessing this option is for Enterprise devices? 

Raymond Chan | posted this 31 July 2019

As said in earlier post,  mandatory app item will not be silently pushed from personal Google Play store for Android+ device as in your case.  Your device must be recalled, factory reset and enrolled an Android-Enterprise Device-Owner mode, and then your required app set up in your managed Google Play store can then be silently pushed to the device.

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback