Android Device ID

Android Device ID

Hi everyone,

Currently i am enrolling about 80 Samsung A01 devices. After do the enrollment, my client asked me to get Android Device ID from each devices. I found out device ID that SOTI showed in MC console is IMEI, which is not my client ask. 

Is there any way to  get the Android device ID from each device through SOTI Mobicontrol?

Thanks & regards,

Randy

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 21 February 2021

I don't think MobiControl currently provides built-in support to read the 64-bit Android device ID.

Your possible solution is to find/write an app that can read out such information and has it written to a  custom data filed in an .xml/.ini file for a MobiControl data-collection rule to get and display it in the web-console or possibly some canned report(s).

Randy, Saputra | posted this 21 February 2021

Hi Raymond, thanks for answering.

I just dig some more about Android device ID, and it turn out that different apps will show different device ID. My client already has 1 specific apps for their business process, so they want me to collect all device ID that showed in that specific app from each devices enrolled.

Dou you mind to elaborate where in data collection i can fulfill this requiment ?

Thanks & regards,

Randy

Raymond Chan | posted this 22 February 2021

HI Randy,

If your customer build an app or use an existing open-source app to get their required device ID, then they have to add extra codes to output such data to either an .ini or .xml file of predefined name in a public device directory that the MobiControl device agent can read from.

Then, just define a new custom data with custom data manager in the MobiControl web-console as described at

https://www.soti.net/mc/help/v15.3/en/console/reference/dialogs/devicesettings/customdatamanager.html

and then add an Android data-collection rule to get the newly defined custom data.

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback