Another companies device Agent...

Another companies device Agent...

We just received some (motorola Model MC67NA windowsCE/mobile 6.5) mc55x mobile devices from zebra. They also use Soti.

The agent installs fine after uninstalling their agent through Remove Programs and deleting leftover files in the \Application folder.

The issue is that my agent cannot connect to our deploy server.

I can open the Soti MobiControl | Menu | Configuration | Servers | Select server | Test

...says cannot send data to server.

I don't have a screenshot yet.

 

My assumption is that another companies agent is interfering..??...

I do have other scanners that the agent works fine with.

 

Any ideas?

Thoughts?

 

 

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Matt Dermody | posted this 31 October 2019

I would factory reset the device rather than just trying to manually delete files. 

  • 0
  • 0
SCMOD@SOTI | posted this 31 October 2019

Hi James,

Thank you for your question.

For windows, Factory reset the device and after rebooting the device look for McSetup.ini and Pdb.ini files. If they still exist please make sure that they are deleted before you enroll with your new agent.

Sometimes in variation of the device behavior, Even after doing a factory reset the files wont be deleted or will reappear in the device. So, you will have to make sure that the those files are not in the device during the time of enrollment. 

After deleting those files and factory resetting the device successfully, the device will be able to communicate to the server and enroll the device.

 

Thank you.

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

  • 0
  • 0
James Wisecup | posted this 06 November 2019

I/We figured this out.

Soti support realized that since were using windows/CE devices, they only communicate with sha-1.  Our deployserver didn't contain that cert.  They put that cert on our server and I rebuilt a new device deploy rule and also checked the 'Force SHA-1 client certificate distribution' in the rule.

factory resetting would have not resolved this issue. In face, zebra agent was still on some devices and they are working fine for me now.

Thanks all who chimed in!  :)

 

  • 0
  • 0

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback