Application Run Control : black list browser chrome on android 7.0
I don't have hardware nor server of similar versions as yours. However, the usual debug flow I would take is to find answers to the following questions:
- What is the status of the profile reported in the web console for the Android 7.0 device?
- Did you enable any filter option(s) in your profile?
- Are there any log entries related to the assigned profile to you Android 7.0 device?
- Is the problem repeatable on another TC75X running Android 7.0?
- Have you tried using v13.5.1 or v13.6.0 Zebra device agents on your Android 7.0 device?
- Have you tried Android 7.x devices of other brand? (Your server version (v22.214.171.12454) is a bit old and can be the problematic for managing some Android 7.0 device.)
thanks for your comment.
The status of the profile is : Installed
If I right click on device, select action, view log entry I have this (sorry no possible to copy paste):
not blocking package, is in never block list com.android.chrome
But I have add this app into the application run control > black list
We have buy more than > 100 new devices on android 7.0.
We work only with zebra tc 75x.
I have unpackage a new one, and test with mobicontrol client 13.6.0 build 1476 but same result ...
Chrome is always here ...
Yes, the server version it's on old version and we hope to migrate in a few weeks.
Any idea perhaps that I can try ?
Are you using Android+ or Android Enterprise agent?
Do you also have any profile with kiosk mode/lockdown menu deployed to the device?
Have you tried going to device's Settings->App Manager->Chrome and made any attempt to disable it? I think some Android 7.x+ device model have Chrome always included so that the webkit rendering engine codes inside can be re-used and callable by other modules and apps.
we used android +
Actually no lock down is installed.
If i try to delete the chrome app, it's always there :) :)
But Yes it's possible by setting of the device to disable chrome app ..
and after it's not available in the list of app ...
it's a possibility but i'm not sure that our technicien will be happy about this way ..
More than 100 devices ..
I will try perhpas with stage now and create a bar code ..
if you have another idea ..
don't hesitate ...
you can try manual blacklist .
Script: manualblacklist add <Chrome Package>
@anil -> yes i have read this last week on this link
but after i have do this on a device under android 7.0 i shut off the device and start again ...
But the device NOT Start ...
i have a client mobicontrol on version : 13.6.0 build 1476 normally it will be work ...
I going to send a mail support to soti and see the response ..