Blacklist Phone App

Blacklist Phone App

Dear all, 

 

since we tested Android 9 blacklisting of Google Chrome and the Phone App is not working anymore. 

Is there any option to blacklist these apps?

 

Thank you in advance for help, 

 

Kindly, 

 

Sebastian

6 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 04 September 2019

What are the version and build numbers of your MobiControl server and device agent?

What are the active MDM API's reported by your device agent?

What is the brand and model of your device?

What/how did you configure to blacklist your targeted app(s)?

 

  • 0
  • 0
Matt Dermody | posted this 04 September 2019

The Bundle IDs (eg. com.google.xyz, com.android.abc) have likely changed in the version of Android that you're now running and would have to be added to your blacklist. 

  • 0
  • 0
Sebastian Fuhrmann | posted this 05 September 2019

Hi Matt, 

We are using Samsung T-595. 

We used the bundle ID from the Apllication of the device in a blacklist config. (com.android.phone)

But still the phone App is still present and available. It looks like the app can not be blacklisted only disabled. 

 

Is there a trick to use only disabling an app?

  • 0
  • 0
Eddie | posted this 05 September 2019

Android 9 it might be called com.samsung.android.dialler.

I'm in the process of setting up such a rule for Android 9.

Open the app on the device and run the following script from the console identify_activity

Then check the logs to find the ID

 

 

 

  • 0
  • 0
Jason Klotz | posted this 06 September 2019

I believe with the phone there are 4 ID's you will need to put in to have it block.  I messed with this just a little when we were testing J7's as just a "tablet" device.

com.android.phone

com.android.server.telecom

com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui

com.samsung.android.dialer

 

Give those a shot. Then you might want to make sure that the dialer is not able to be accessed thru contacts.

  • 0
  • 0
Sebastian Fuhrmann | posted this 09 September 2019

Hi Jason, 

 

thank you. IT was the following Bundle ID for the Phone Applikation:

 

com.samsung.android.dialer 

 

but not for Chrome.

I used com.android.chrome but still this doesn't help.

  • 0
  • 0

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback