Can MobiControl Package Studio be run on a VMware Fusion Windows 10 VM?

Can MobiControl Package Studio be run on a VMware Fusion Windows 10 VM?

I am attempting to run MobiControl Package Studio on a Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. 64-bit virtual machine running on VMWare Fusion Player v12.1.2 (17964953).

When i try to start the application, it never appears on the screen but does start a task, MobiControl Package Studio (32-bit), in my Task Manager that persists.

I have tried configuring the application for compatibility mode without success.

Can you help?

2 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
RRMOD@SOTI | posted this 21 June 2021

Hi Tim,

Thank you for requesting an answer from Support Staff.

I would like to inform you that Package studio should work fine on any version of windows. Please check if there is any firewall or restrictions on your network which is attempting to block the Package studio to run in the foreground.

If the above does not work, I would like you to create a support case(click here) or call SOTI Support team(click here) to seek immediate assistance.

Also, if this post has helped you in solving your inquiry, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from this information.

Kind Regards, Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Raymond Chan | posted this 21 June 2021

Hi Tim,

Considering all the functionalies offered by MobiControl Package Studio,  mentioning any potential problem  related to  "firewall" in any emulation environment doesn't seem to make any sense.

Maybe you should open an official support ticket with Soti support team, and see if someone who has successfully run the software in similar emulation environment as yours will give you a more definite answer, which is definitely more credible than a general statement about any emulation environments you just got here.  

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback