Change Network port to McEnrollmentSrv:443

Change Network port to McEnrollmentSrv:443

Hi All,

We have just installed a 2nd deployment server for our externally android devices.

I can see that we are connection from the device to the server on 2 different ports.

copied from MCSetup.ini

DeploySvr1=Serveraddress:5494

MCEnrollmentSvr1=Serveraddress:443

The issue is that our Network department aren't happy that we will use port 443 for or MCEnrollmentSvr1 - End they would like us to change the port. But when i look in MobiControl Administration Utility i can't find MCEnrollmentSrv. 

If i look in the Deployment Server menu, port 443 is mention under Device Management Address and Management Service Address, but the server address are not the same as the MCEnrollmentSvr1 in the configuration file on the device.

• 16 March 2021
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 3 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 2 Followers
    • 3 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 2 Followers

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Marcus Breitenthaler | posted this 16 March 2021

Hi,

you must login at the Server an Open the "Administration Utility"

Here you can change the Port, but be carefully !

Matthias S | posted this 16 March 2021

Can you be more specific?

Because if i look in my Deployment server, then i can find the 443 port under "Device Management Address" and "Management Service Address" but this address is not the same as in the "EnrollmentServ1" MCSetup.ini file on the devices, And the .ini are created by our SOTI system.

So i can't see which place in utility i should look after it.

RRMOD@SOTI | posted this 17 March 2021

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for posting in SOTI Central.

I would like to inform you that it is not recommended to change the port :443 because it is used for many services as per the diagram below.

In order to define the custom port we would like know if you are using 443 for some other purpose. What type of type of devices are you using ,Mobicontrol version and configurations. Therefore, It is strongly advised to create a support case (click here) and work with SOTI engineer who can examine your environment according to type of devices as if right process would not be followed  then it would have adverse consequences.

Also, if this post has helped you in solving your inquiry, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from this information.

Kind Regards, Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback