Collect Phone Numbers from Windows 10 Classic Devices

Collect Phone Numbers from Windows 10 Classic Devices

Is there a way to collect the phone number from a SIM card in a Windows 10 tablet (in Windows Classic category in MobiControl)?

5 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
RJMOD@SOTI | posted this 09 August 2019

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for requesting an answer from SOTI Support.

There is no official way to do this via MobiControl, however this is an external tool -- PSTools that may work. It allows you to sign in as another user and execute a file.

Take a look at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psexec, and explore the commands. We had tested this in house recently and found it to work to some extent.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. | 1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net

Jeff Burns | posted this 18 July 2019

I have found somewhat of a solution to collecting Phone numbers from Windows devices.  

In a nutshell, I used a .cmd file to execute netsh mbn and export that data to a .txt file. Then have SOTI collect custom data from the .txt file.

Here is the command in the .cmd file   C:\Windows\System32\netsh.exe mbn show readyinfo interface="Cellular" > C:\Windows\phonenumber.txt | type c:\Windows\phonenumber.txt

This process works great for my needs, the only issue I'm facing is automating this.  I can push the .cmd file to devices via Package Studio and Soti, but executing it requires it to be ran as an Admin since it's using Netsh. 

If there is a way to have this command sent to a device, ran as admin and properly create the .txt file, all would be good.  But as far as I can tell, SOTI runs commands at standard level every time. 

Edit: Here is how it looks on the web console.

SSMOD@Soti | posted this 19 June 2019

Hello

MobiControl relies on the device being able to pull the information from the mobile network/SIM card and displaying it within the 'My Phone Number' section of the system for windows devices. Could you confirm that for the devices not able to collect the phone number information in the web console, they have the information in the system?

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

darkstar107 | posted this 28 May 2019

Hello,

I tried sending that script.  I am running SOTI v14.1.  For all of my Windows 10 devices it displays "n/a" in the Phone number and Phone Number SIM 2 columns.

I have run the script mentioned and that didn't change anything.  I have been exploring Custom Data options but none seem to work so far.

SSMOD@Soti | posted this 28 May 2019

Hello,

Can you please share the MobiControl version you are using? For MC version V14 and above you can get this details from Device details section. If you are facing any issue and not getting these details populated in device details Section, request you to send the below script to device:

smsreportpn PHONENR

Please send this script, followed by the phonenumber of the actual device.

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback