Deploying an app in lock down mode

Deploying an app in lock down mode

The devices are in lockdown mode so the users cannot access the play store. I need to install the home depot app on the scanners for users to look up part numbers. I can't find the APK file for it but it's on the google play store. Is there a way to have the app install on the scanners and be pushed out?

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Marcus Breitenthaler | posted this 05 May 2021

Hi Cody,

short answer YES.

When you have Enrolled your Devices Correctly an have an Google Work Account in the Playstore you must set this APP as "Mandatory" then it should be installed in the Background.

JSMOD@SOTI | posted this 05 May 2021

Hi Cody,

Thank you for posting on SOTI Central.

Depending on how you enrolled your devices and your version of MobiControl, you should be able to use an App Policy/Application Catalog Rule and push the app you want to the device. Within the policy you can select the app -> click 'Configure' -> 'Installation Options' -> 'Deployment Type' -> set the app as Mandatory so it always installs on your devices.

After that, you can use the Bundle ID of the application and add it to your Lockdown policy.

Creating App Policies (soti.net)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. | 1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Cody Smith | posted this 05 May 2021

This was it. Thank you!

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback