Deployment Server Error after install SOTI v13.4

Deployment Server Error after install SOTI v13.4

Hi, I installed SOTI v13.4, I am getting Target Machine Actively Refuse.

• 09 October 2019
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 9 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 3 Followers
  • 1.4K Views
    • 9 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 3 Followers

9 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond, Chan | posted this 11 October 2019

If you install your v13.4 from scratch rather than upgrading from a functional previous version,  I believe you probably have incorrectly configured your server with MCadmin or  your network infrastructure/firewall.   In such case, it' better for you to open an official support ticket with Soti to debug your case in more details.

If you upgrade from a functional previous version, you can fallback by restoring a backup image. Maybe you can explore if you should try upgrading to a different v13.4 build, or even to a v14.x version.

Support Staff | posted this 16 October 2019

Hello Luis, 

That is a very familiar error, unfortunately, the cause is not always so familiar, as it could be a variety of things in a new installation. 

Here are the ports required for MobiControl to communicate properly through your firewall.  Please confirm that your Network Administrator has opened them to allow communication for your MobiControl Installation.

https://www.soti.net/mc/help/v14.0/en/setup/installing/network_ports.html?hl=ports

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Luis Estrada | posted this 16 October 2019

hi, sorry but I missed say that is an update not a fresh installation, currently I have installed SOTI v13.3.0.3116 and it is working correctly.

Raymond, Chan | posted this 3 weeks ago

Did you change any parameter(s) or certificate(s) with MCadmin utility?

With what platform of devices did you experience problems?   What are the brands/models and the device firmware versions?

What are the version and build numbers of the device agents on your problematic devices? 

Preet Singh | posted this 3 weeks ago

Hi Luis

is the issue resolved if not please can you let me know

1. how did you install the SQL server. Was it from within the MobiControl installation or was it pre installted

2. What kind of authentication are you using for the SQL server, is it LDAP or SQL server as an SA

if you are using an LDAP authentication you have to modify the access to the deployment server in the services of windows.

Luis Estrada | posted this 3 weeks ago

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000248 EndHTML:000002275 StartFragment:000001998 EndFragment:000002202 StartSelection:000001998 EndSelection:000002202 SourceURL:https://discussions.soti.net/thread/deployment-server-error-after-install-soti-v13-4/Deployment Server Error after install SOTI v13.4

Hi Raymond, Chan, the issue is in MCadmin, the services don't run so the devices can't be updated.. 

Luis Estrada | posted this 3 weeks ago

Hi Preet

The SQL was installed within the MobiControl installation since very first installation.

Regards.

Preet Singh | posted this 3 weeks ago

Hi Luis 

are you using the SQL authentication or Windows authentication. It seems to me that you are using Windows authentication. In this case 

1. Go to services 

2. Right click Mobicontrol Deployment server

3. Go to properties

4. Go to Log on 

4.1 select the option "This account"

4.2 select browse

4.3 enter the logon (email or domain\logon)

4.4 click check and then ok

do the same for mobicontrol management server\

Restart both mobicontrol deployment and management server

Then go to Mobicontrol admin and try testing connectivity again

apart from this also go to SQL server configuration manager

goto sql server configuration (not 32 bit)

goto protocols

if the TCP/IP is disabled then enable it and also change the TCP port in IPAII to 1433

please do update if this helped

Raymond, Chan | posted this 3 weeks ago

Hi Luis,

Did you log in as Administrator of Windows Server and run the MobiControl installation executable as Administrator?

Your limited screenshot showed that you use IP address as the device management address.  This is OK in the past, but there are more problems when used to control devices on recent versions of device platforms such as Android Enterprise, iOS13+ and Windows Modern.   I'm also suspecting that there can also be problems with your certificates set-up. 

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback