Disable Airplane Mode

Disable Airplane Mode

Is it possible for me to disable airplane mode on my Samsung Galaxy devices enrolled through Android Enterprise?  I don't see the option in my Kiosk settings.  I am running Mobicontrol v 14.2.2.1170

8 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Marcus Breitenthaler | posted this 11 March 2021

Hi Jesse,

in Version 14.2. you should have the option when the device is Android 9.0+

Profile (Add or Create one) -> Configurations -> Feature Control -> Device Functionallity -> Allow Airplaine Mode -> set to disable

What i dont know if this works with Samsung Devices.

Jesse Gargano | posted this 11 March 2021

We are running Android 10 devices.  The option is available when the devices are enrolled through Android +, but we are starting to enroll devices through Android Enterprise using the afw#mobicontrol moniker during setup.

Raymond Chan | posted this 11 March 2021

From my tests done recently, Samsung Android 10 devices enrolled with Android-Enterprise device agent do support disabling of airplane mode.

Jesse Gargano | posted this 11 March 2021

Which version of Mobicontrol are you running?  I think it may have been introduced in v15+.  I'm still on v14

Raymond Chan | posted this 12 March 2021

I did my tests on both MobiControl v14.x and 15.x servers.  For this feature, the device agent(s) you are using is actually the dominant factor. Which AE device agent version(s) are installed on your devices?

Jesse Gargano | posted this 12 March 2021

The agent on our devices is 14.4.6

Raymond Chan | posted this 12 March 2021

Your device agent should support this feature-control policy.  If your current MobiControl server do not have the relevant profile configuration option in the web-console GUI, try to send the following script command  to disable  Airplane Mode on your targeted devices :

writesecureprofstring DeviceFeature DisableAirplaneMode 1

apply featurecontrol

RRMOD@SOTI | posted this 15 March 2021

Hi Jesse ,

Thanks for posting in SOTI CENTRAL.

I would like to inform you that there is a feature control for disabling Airplane mode on Andriod devices in Mobicontrol Version 15. ( as referred in the image below ). 

However, this feature is not available in 14.2 for Andriod Enterprise whilst it is there for Andriod plus devices. This feature is  implemented  in recent Mobicontrol releases like 15.

On Mobicontrol 14.2 , you can use the following scripts to enable/disable the airplane mode on AE Samsung devices.

Disable airplane mode:

writeprivateprofstring DeviceFeature DisableAirplaneMode 1

apply featurecontrol

Enable airplane mode:

writeprivateprofstring DeviceFeature DisableAirplaneMode 0

apply featurecontrol

Please refer to the following link to refer helpfile for 15 : Feature Control (Android Enterprise Work Managed).

Also, if this post has helped you in solving your inquiry, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from this information.

Kind Regards, Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback