Disable Shutdown of ZEBRA Android 10 Devices

Disable Shutdown of ZEBRA Android 10 Devices

We are currently enrolling lots of Zebra MC93 with Android 10 in our Environment and are wondering if there is any possibility to disable the Shutdown but keep the Reboot as we want to have it for "Troubleshooting" Purposes.

Thanks for any help on this topic.

6 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Matt Dermody | posted this 20 April 2021

Here are the configurable options for the PowerKey, exposed by Zebra.

https://techdocs.zebra.com/mx/powerkeymgr/

You can do a lot of things but it doesn't look like disabling Power Off is an option. 

RRMOD@SOTI | posted this 20 April 2021

Hi Maximilian,

Thanks for posting in SOTI CENTRAL !!

Thanks @matt dermody for the response. We do have the following options in Mobicontrol to Block and Unblock the Power Button on the Andriod devices.

Send the following script to enable/disable power option

Block the Power button

hardwarekeys -keys 26 /block

Unblock the Power button:

hardwarekeys -keys 26 /unblock

Moreover, If you have lockdown deployed on the devices. Then, You can disable the "Power Menu " , when this is disabled then device users  would not be able to access the Power menu (the options that appear when a device user long presses the power button).Note: Supported on Android 9.0. 

Also, if this post has helped you in solving your inquiry, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from this information.

Kind Regards, Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Maximilian Tobitsch | posted this 20 April 2021

Hello RRMOD@SOTI and Matt Dermody,

Thanks for your replies but unfortunately those are not the solutions we need.
I guess we have to "teach" our users to keep their Devices in Standby instead of powering them off.

Kind Regards
Maximilian Tobitsch

Matt Dermody | posted this 20 April 2021

I am confused. How do the options provided by RRMOD not satisfy the request?

Maximilian Tobitsch | posted this 21 April 2021

Hello Matt,

the option to disable the Power Menu in general is not really the solution we need as we still need to have the option to have the Devices be rebooted by our users in case of any emergency.

The only option we want to have disabled is the Power Off.

Kind Regards
Max

RRMOD@SOTI | posted this 29 April 2021

Hi Maximilian,

Currently, the only option we have is to completely disable/enable the Power menu. However,  I would like you to create a support case (click here) or call SOTI Support team(click here) specific to your case.

Also, if this post has helped you in solving your inquiry, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from this information.

Kind Regards, Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback