Failed to Install (File I/O Error)

Failed to Install (File I/O Error)

It get the error issue when  it tries to install this package to Datalogic FalconX3+

4 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Rafael | posted this 19 January 2021

Did you try to reinstall it?

Raymond Chan | posted this 19 January 2021

Do you have problem on one particular device, or on many devices of the same brand/model and firmware version?

Is there any problem installing other apps?

In general, File I/O error is reported when there is any one or more of the following problems: 

- insufficient free memory space on the device

- improper options or target directory set for some files associated with the app package

- conflicts from other policies such as feature-control, application-run-control, etc.

- compatibility of device agent with the device firmware

etc.

Matt Dermody | posted this 19 January 2021

I have also seen the same issue if you are trying to install a new version of an app over top of a prior version and you haven't properly incremented the APK version at compile time, or the APK was signed with a different signature so a direct upgrade is not possible. If this a new version of an app that previously existed on the device you may need to completely uninstall the old version first. 

Jorge Hussni - SAFIRA Telecom | posted this 22 January 2021

Hello Pascual,

If all items of Raymond post are checked and ok you can provide a file sync transfer of the APK and execute it by RC or legacy script command.

Regards

Jorge Hussni Innovation Manager Soluções & Tecnologia Gestão de Mobilidade Corporativa, Telecom & TI Rua Alvorada, 1289 conj. 404 - Vila Olímpia São Paulo - SP - CEP: 04550-004 T: (11) 4328-7378 C: (11) 975 721 349 E: jhussni@safirast.com Novo Email! www.safirast.com Novo Site!

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback