I repeated some previous geofence alert test procedure (used since v11.x) on my v14.3.0 MobiControl server in the last few days and encountered similar problem as yours. From your description, I believe your test procedure and results are OK. I'm just not sure which other patch version(s) of 14.x have this issue Maybe you can open an official support ticket with Soti support team so that they can investigate the cause and the extent of the problem.
Thanks for doing that checking, Raymond.
One of the SOTI Sales Engineers was helping me out with stuff, so I do have a guy who was looking in to things for me.
To update, since posting on Friday, I've had a few alerts through, so it's switched from 'not happening' to 'intermittent'. I'm not sure why.
I set up an 'entered geofence' rule and left the devices inside it over the weekend. The Samsung triggered the rule a couple of times over the weekend, on Friday afternoon and then Saturday night.
The Lenovo triggered it at different times on Friday afternoon, and then this morning. It appeared to trigger the rule when I switched the device from Admin mode to User mode. Hrm, and then again twenty minutes later when I tried the same thing, but that's not happening every time now.
The guy I'm dealing with has been good, I'll see what he comes back with.