How do we link the lockdown icon with an URL shortcut file for Windows Mobile devices?
You could try and launch the URL via a .LNK file that can be written in notepad.
- Locate the program you wish to use on the device and note the path, for example "\Windows\Browser.exe"
- Locate the URL file that can be opened by that program and note the path, for example "\Application\Website.URL"
- Open a new notepad and write down the information in the following format:
- XX#"\Windows\Browser.exe" "\Application\Website.URL"
- Change XX to the number of characters and spaces after the hash. In this example case it is 49.
- 49#"\Windows\Browser.exe" "\Application\Website.URL"
- Save the file as a .LNK file.
- Transfer the LNK file to the device. Preferably in the Application folder.
- In the Lockdown Configuration. Enter just the LNK file path.