How to AUTHORIZE a unique WIFI acces point ?
Please clarify your situation:
- Are the device using Generic Android, Android plus or Android Enterprise device agents?
- What is/are the brands of your devices?
- Is there 3G/4G cellular connection available on the device(s)?
- By MC browser, did you mean Soti Surf Secure Browser?
- Are there any other apps on your device that need network access? If so, does your restriction to use the specific Wifi Access Point apply to these apps too?
thanks and sorry for the empty detail , here is it some information:
the device is zebra tc 75 under android 6.0
I think it's android plus because, in mobicontrol console administration , all devices are locate under an icon name android +.
Yes, our device has a sim card.
By MC Browser, for me MC browser it's the mobicontrol administration interface (web console) where I manage all my device.
Yes, the restriction must be for two app. In fact, on all our device we have a lock down with two icon
first icon , open the main app
second icon, open a little app (web view) for to connect to our intranet
thanks for all
You can confirm the agent platform simply by looking into the "Active MDM API" field in the "Device Configuration" tab of the device agent. Let's assume it is Android+ as you said.
I guess you are using your predefined Wifi AP to allow restricted access to internal network with the web-view app, and the cellular data-connection is for external/internet access only.
For Zebra devices, you should be able to configure your Wifi AP setting using
1. Wifi payload to push Wifi settings (SSID, mode, password, etc.) to your devices.
2. Feature Control payload to restrict adding new Wifi profile payload and changing existing Wifi profile.
This of course assume you have cleared all other disallowed Wifi profiles beforehand.
Unfortunately, I think Zebra devices do not support firewall payload in Android+ platform, you have no way to restrict your main app to using cellular data connection only and your webview app to use Wifi connection to access your internet network, based on the bundle-ID of the corresponding app.
One possible approach may be taken if you can get your web app running on Soti Surf rather than on your own webview-based app engine. Then you can use Enterprise Resource Gateway (ERG) to allow its access to your intranet via Wifi, and restrict its access to the outside by using kiosk mode or URL whitelist in Soti Surf. The main app is blocked by the ERG for any access attempt to your intranet via Wifi, but can access external/internet via cellular network connection.
thanks for your time , that's great to help me ...
have a nice day