Identify why Bluetooth is disabled (CN51 / WM5.2 / Soti 14.x)

Identify why Bluetooth is disabled (CN51 / WM5.2 / Soti 14.x)

I am trying to identify why Bluetooth is disabled suddenly on a device.

https://support.honeywellaidc.com/s/article/How-to-disable-Bluetooth-by-policy

Somehow, the "Disabled" value is set to 1 after working properly all along. How do I track down why this happened?

Device: Intermec CN51

Soti Mobicontrol: v14.1.8

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
RTMOD@SOTI | posted this 17 May 2019

Hi Ian,

Thank you for requesting an answer from SOTI Support Staff….

Yes, Please check all profile configurations applied to your device as suggested by @Matt Dermody and there is no way that you can check about it in logs.

Also, try changing registry value as suggested in the link provided by you. I understand that value 1 means you do not have access or you can not change it but if it was working previously as you stated then you can try changing it as an administrator.

Thanks!

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Ian C. | posted this 15 May 2019

Thanks for the reply.

I don't believe we are using the ScanNGo system, so I'll check the feature control first.

Do I have to check every profile to see if that option is enabled? Is there nothing in the log files indicating which feature is enabled / disabled by a profile?

Matt Dermody | posted this 14 May 2019

That is a pretty old device so you might have trouble finding much support on these forums as most of us are supporting Android and iOS at this point. With that said, I know the legacy Intermec WinMo devices could be managed by a tool called SmartSystems outside of SOTI, so I would first make sure they aren't also still being managed by a SmartSystems environment on the same network. Secondarily SS had a tool I believe called ScanNGo (SNG) that could be used to generate XML files that could be distributed to the devices via MDM/EMM and then auto-consumed by the devices relatively similar to how Zebra MX and Honeywell's own XML files work with Android today. SmartSystems and SNG were relatively ahead of their time. You can check to see if a package containing SNG XML configurations is being deployed to your devices, as that is another possibility for that setting being configured.

Beyond that, there is the possibility of a Feature Control Configuration Profile being deployed from SOTI:

The device could also be experiencing a bug, the bluetooth radio could be failing, or and end user may have inadvertently disabled it if you don't have the devices locked down. 

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback