Install_Surf_15.2.3.6 options

Install_Surf_15.2.3.6 options

I would like to know the best approach for doing this:

I've created a package for Soti surf and wish it to be installed on several of my devices and stay installed when the device is moved to another group.

so I created a "profile" only for installing this package and have assigned to several of our device "groups"

here's the rub, I've noticed that after I do the assignment it shows these groups but say the next day I come back to this profile

and check the assignments only a couple of these device groups are still assigned.  I have no idea why this would suddenly change.

my other option would be to simply go to each profile for the device group and add the package there

what option is the best?

• 09 February 2021
  • SOTI surf
  • 4 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 1 Follower
    • 4 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 1 Follower

4 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 09 February 2021

I have not heard anything like that before.   What are the version and build numbers of your MobiControl server?

Can you be absolutely sure that there was not another administrator changing your profile assignment without you knowing?

larry | posted this 09 February 2021

no one else is changing this

I think it might be a bug but I can't upgrade to newer version at the moment

I like the idea of using a profile for the package and making assignments rather than added the package to each profile, just seems easy and more productive

Raymond Chan | posted this 09 February 2021

There is no one single best approach of partitioning payloads and packages in profiles that applies for all cases/implementations.  The choice depends on many factors, such as how the device group hierarchy is structured, correlation betwen related policies/packages, organization/role/project, etc.    

However, under normal circumstances, your taken approach is what I would likely take.

If you are sure nobody has ever changed your assignment without you knowing, then I suggest you to repeat what you did and see if the same happen again consistently.  If so, try to upgrade your server as soon as possible.

larry | posted this 09 February 2021

yes, I probably need to upgrade from v15.01 to the latest when I have time

thanks

Larry

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback