Installation certificate on Windows mobile 6.5

Installation certificate on Windows mobile 6.5

Shortly we need to deploy new certificates to Honeywell Dolphin 99EX devices running Windows Mobile 6.5. Given the number of devices we would like to automate this by using SOTI Mobicontrol. The certificates are Windows *.pfx files.

I have succeeded deploying and installing the certificates by using a profile. However the certificate only installs in the personal certificate store of the handheld device, not in the intermediate or root certificate store. Do you have any idea why? I would expect SOTI to install the whole certificate chain. Without the certificate in the intermediate and root storage the certificate will not work.

4 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Scott | posted this 19 August 2019

Is the entire certificate chain (user, intermediate and root) incorporated into the pfx or are there separate files?

Michael Schyns | posted this 20 August 2019

Hi, these are separate files.

Scott | posted this 20 August 2019

Just to be clear, you are trying to install a personal, intermediate and root certificate using 3 separate files, correct?  Is it the case that only the personal certificate is installed? Or are the other two certificates installed but in the incorrect store location?

Michael Schyns | posted this 21 August 2019

Hi Scott,

I use one file to install the personal, intermediate and root certificate. Unfortunately only the personal certificate is installed when I use SOTI.

When I do the installation manually on the device itself the certificate is installed in the personal, intermediate and root certificate store.

Best regards,

Michael

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback