Installed SOTI MC AE agent from Google Play Store for Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro but not able to push applications to the device?

Installed SOTI MC AE agent from Google Play Store for Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro but not able to push applications to the device?

Hi Team,

Installed SOTI MC Android Enterprise agent from Play Store on Xiaomi Redmi Pro 6 device. Tried pushing applications using Package Studio but it didn't downloaded and installed. I'm getting the error of "Failed to install (incompatible platform)". I tried the same on Samsung Tab A using Android + agent and it worked fine. Pls .help

5 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Allen Gulbrand | posted this 26 October 2018

Did you build the package for the right version? Are you using the correct profile type? What is in the package?

AJMOD@SOTI | posted this 29 October 2018

Hello Pankaj,

Currently packages are only available for deployment to the following platforms: Android Plus, Linux, Windows Mobile/CE, Windows Modern (Desktop) and printers. The reason you are seeing the error message “Failed to install (incompatible platform)” is because of the device agent you have on the Xiaomi device is an Android Enterprise agent and not a Android Plus agent.

Depending on the application you are trying to push to the device you may need to use either an Application Catalog or File Sync rule in order to have the application installed on the device.

The following link has information about packages as well as the platforms that are supported:

https://www.soti.net/mc/help/v14.0/en/console/gsrindex.html?gsrid=packages/data/packages.html

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Edgar Gomez | posted this 29 October 2018

Hello

I would like to add that packages are supported in Android Enterprise but only for Managed Device. If you manually  installed the MC Android Enterprise agent from Play Store then you are using Managed Profile.

You need to factory reset the device to have it as Managed Device. I tried this with a Xiaomi device some time ago, but it didn't work, perhaps because of the heavy MIUI layer on top of Android. But it may work for you if you give it a try.

Raymond Chan | posted this 30 October 2018

Hi Pankaj,

The reply from AMOD@soti.net is not accurate.  Both his statement, namely,

The reason you are seeing the error message “Failed to install (incompatible platform)” is because of the device agent you have on the Xiaomi device is an Android Enterprise agent and not a Android Plus agent.

as well as his quoted on-line documentation at

https://www.soti.net/mc/help/v14.0/en/console/gsrindex.html?gsrid=packages/data/packages.html

are not correct.

If the icon of your installed device agent has an orange/blue suitcase at its lower-right corner, you are actually using the Work-Profile mode of Android Enterprise platform.  This mode is for BYOD use case, and most of the useful enterprise-grade MDM functionalities are not allowed by design from Google.

Pushing your apps in .pcg package is definitely supported for devices in Managed-Device mode of Android Enterprise platform. You need to factory reset your device, and enroll with either one of the following enrollment approaches supported on the device/firmware:

1. afw#mobicontrol  hash-tag

2. QR code

3. NFC bumping

AJMOD@SOTI | posted this 31 October 2018

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for the clarification about packages being available for Work Managed devices and how Pankaj can setup his devices in a work managed mode. I will pass along this information to the team that handles the help document and ask them to update this information.

Kind regards, 

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback