Is it possible to put a large number of wifi config profiles (>50) on locked down AE enrolled Android 8 devices, or is there a max limit?

Is it possible to put a large number of wifi config profiles (>50) on locked down AE enrolled Android 8 devices, or is there a max limit?

These are rugged Zebra and Panasonic scanner devices. The profile would automate the tethering between these devices and Apple iPads.

Version 14.4.9 of MC.

6 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 12 June 2020

I have customers which have over 10 Wifi profiles deployed.  I can't recall any cases with 50 or more, but I don't see any reason why it is not possible.  Did you try on your device(s) and get any problem?

Jamie, Sims | posted this 12 June 2020

Thank you, Raymond! We will be testing it out this morning, once I get a better count on what the total number of these WiFi config profiles will be.

Jamie, Sims | posted this 22 June 2020

As a followup, we successfully tested, and subsequently deployed, 40 WiFi SSIDs/Passwords within a single WiFi config profile.

DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 22 June 2020

Thanks for sharing the information Jamie, much appreciated!

Quick question, did you get any warning after entering the 40th configuration or you just had 40 WiFi SSIDs to enter into the profile?

Just to confirm if there was any limit on this!

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Jamie, Sims | posted this 22 June 2020

Laughing. I'm sure we could have continued entering more SSID's without any issue. And, if it's determined more are required as the project continues, we will continue to add them...but I think we are good to go with 40.  

Support Staff | posted this 30 June 2020

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for the update on your inquiry! 

If this post has helped you in solving your posts, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from this information.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback