Is it possible to run MobiControl 14.1 on premise offline?

Is it possible to run MobiControl 14.1 on premise offline?

Hello,

is it possible to run MobiControl 14.1 on premise offline including skins?

I've tried the solution provided in https://discussions.soti.net/thread/is-it-possible-to-setup-a-fully-offline-instance-of-mobicontrol-on-premise/ but it did not work for me.

Thanks!

• 28 February 2018
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 7 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 1 Follower
  • 2.5K Views
    • 7 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 1 Follower

7 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 07 March 2018

Deployment server need to get from the Skin server an ini file containing list of supported devices and parameters, plus a set skin files for EACH device model supported. The latter are downloaded on a need basis.  As I discussed in another post,  it is possible to get these files onto your offline server if it is blocked from access to the Soti skin server.  If you need this, please request Soti support team to help you on this.

As far as I know, web console machine starting remote control session gets the required skin files from the deployment server. 

Markus | posted this 07 March 2018

Thank you. Does the Device Server Downloads the Skins or the Client Computer who is initiating the remote Connection?

Raymond Chan | posted this 07 March 2018

If you suspect the problem is related to your firewall, please add exception for 

skins.soti.net        ports: 80,443

Markus | posted this 06 March 2018

Hi

We have the same Problems with the skins. we see no Skin in the old remote Control.

Perhaps our Proxy Server blocks it. Does the server Downloads the skins or the client?

i see only request to msftconnecttest in my whireshark trace.

Which adress can we whitlist?

best regards

Markus

Raymond Chan | posted this 01 March 2018

Definitely possible.  However, skin related service is only one of many considerations when your Mobicontrol server and devices are all offline (i.e. all on private /closed network).

Regarding your skin related problem, I believe you need to ask Soti support team to help you import onto your offline server  the skin .ini file,  plus  the html and png image files for each device model you want to have remote control session. 

Jürgen Zahn | posted this 01 March 2018

Hi,

if I open "old" Remote-Control (HTML is not possible) it tells me that I am using lokal skins. Then I see a hourglass for a few seconds and Remote-Control closes automatically.

If my PC is connected to the internet Remote-Control is working but it does'nt uses skins.

Support Staff | posted this 28 February 2018

Hi Jurgen, 

Where are you having difficulties with this solution?

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback