Issue after enrolling Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5

Issue after enrolling Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5

Hi there,

I`m facing a issue regarding Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5.

I`ve installed an application that monitor the fleet but the users find a way to exit from it and now they have access to google search bar(marked withe the red line) and some apps like google play, google, setting and it`s not ok. 

I didn`t find a way to block this security breach.

As you may find in the picture below, the term "Cautare" means "Google search bar" and "Inchidere totala" means "Close All".

The user should`nt have the possibility to leave the app and see these options(search bar and apps).

Agent version: 14.5.5, but I`ve tried even with older agent versions but I`m facing the same issue.

OS version it`s Android 11, One UI 3.1.

Please let me know what to do in order to block the user to leave the main application.

Thank you very much for your support.

6 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 15 October 2021

Assuming that you don't intend to use kisok/lockdown menu on the device, the first and easiest step to take is to use whitelist in application-run-control profile to limit what apps can be initiated/install on the device.  The icons of any installed/bundled apps not on the whitelist will usually be removed from the home-screen.  

Mihaita123 | posted this 15 October 2021

Hello,

I`m using both lockdown and application-run-control options, but I`m still facing this issue.

In application run control it`s selected only the app that I use and in the other window, as I`ve added below, it`s the active lockdown option.

I`m facing this issue only with Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5.

I have a few old Xcover 4S but are working perfectly.

Thank you.

Raymond Chan | posted this 15 October 2021

Based on your uploaded device screenshot, the device doesn't seem to be in lockdown mode.  

If really so, have you blocked the status/notification bar? Or at least checked that there are no loophole(s) there?

Is your device Settings blocked?  What about any Settings option configured to launch apps with special hardware key pressed on the XCover5?   

Also, if you use lockdown menu, you don't need to concurrently deploy application-run-control profile with app whitelist.

Rafael Schäfer | posted this 15 October 2021

You missed the authentication profile (to configure the admin password) which is necessary to use lockdown mode as far as i know. But as Raymond just said, the device doesn't look like to be in lockdown mode.

Take a look on the profiles tab in the console if all profiles are installed and not failed or pending.

And take a look into mobicontrol agent if device is in agent mode user and not administrator.

Mihaita123 | posted this 20 October 2021

The device it`s in lockdown mode. But if I press 5-6 time on this button in the left bottom side(the one with three white line botton) of the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5, the device escape from lockdown mode and I could find the search menu and do any other things except the one that is suppose to do.

As you can see below, after I press 5-6 time on the three white line botton I could escape from lockdown.

The admin password from the autenthication profile it`s configured...

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Raymond Chan | posted this 20 October 2021

Are you using activity suppression mode or native mode in your lockdown/kiosk profile payload for Samsung XCover 5?

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback