Lockdown Samsung Active TAB 3 Android 11

Lockdown Samsung Active TAB 3 Android 11

hello,

we are trying to install the lockdown menu on an samsung tablet with android 11 but i allways get the message "pending action" "please give draw over other apps permission". when i try to set the permission by pressing the message nothing happens. i tried it by script with 

afw_set_permission_grant_state net.soti.mobicontrol.androidwork net.soti.mobicontrol.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW allow

afw_set_permission_grant_state net.soti.mobicontrol.androidwork android.permission.DRAW_OVER_PERMISSION allow

no effect.

i changed the parameters in the add device rule.... no effect.

any idea ?

thx

mark

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 23 July 2021

The script command afw_set_permission_grant does not work for changing app permission of  the device agent itself.

Go to the Application_manager tab in the Settings of your device, choose MobiControl device-agent and scroll down to the item related to "draw over other apps permission"  and grant it.

Mark Doepelheuer | posted this 23 July 2021

Hi Raymond,

thx for this tip, i already do this, yes it works but how we can grand this permission without user action.

mark

Raymond Chan | posted this 23 July 2021

Automatic granting of permissions seems not possible for Samsung devices, at least for now.  I hope Samsung will enhance their AE device firmwares to allow that in the near future.

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback