MCSETUP.ini - v15.3

MCSETUP.ini - v15.3

Hello, 

I am testing v15.3 before deploying it in our environment. It appears that the ability to download the mcsetup.ini file no longer exists for Android devices. Any ideas?

Installation

Server: On Premise, Non-Internet Facing (outbound to Internet allowed, Not visible from Internet)

Version: v15.3.0.6713

Device: Zebra TC77 OS: Oreo (8.1) Management Model: Android Enterprise   Provisioning Method: Zebra StageNow - APK installation     How do I get the McSetup.ini file to use for this installation. Our current version provides an option to download the INI file as part of setting up the Add Device Rule. This option appears to no longer be available.    Thanks Jim

4 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
JSMOD@SOTI | posted this 18 March 2021

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting on SOTI Central.

Can you please check if 'OEM Specific for All Android Devices' is enabled under Global Settings -> 'Android Management'?:

If you click Save then refresh the Web Console, the option to download agent should become available when you right-click the Add Device Rule.

Kind regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. | 1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Jim J | posted this 18 March 2021

Thank you.... That solved the problem. 

Jim J | posted this 18 March 2021

Thank you.... That solved the problem. 

JSMOD@SOTI | posted this 18 March 2021

Hi Jim,

That's great, I am glad this is working for you now. I would really appreciate it if you could mark my comment as 'Solution' to help others find the answer.

Kind regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. | 1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback