MobiControl (14.3) On-Premise (DMZ) installation. Want to enroll Android devices via external (firewalled) network

MobiControl (14.3) On-Premise (DMZ) installation. Want to enroll Android devices via external (firewalled) network

Port 5494 and 443 have been forwarded from the firewall to the server, but the devices fail enrollment (No connection)!?

I try to enroll Zebra TC57's. I use Enterprise Agent (and plugin) downloaded from Soti's webpage. In the Admin Utility I have configured Primary Agent address with the public IP address of the firewall. Secondary Agent address is configured with the local IP address of the MobiControl server. Device Management Address holds the FQDN of the firewall. After that the add-devices rule has been created.

I download the agent.apk and the mcsetup.ini to the device and install. After that the agent.apk is started. Everything looks OK until the device tries to connect.

Probably basic to many of you. I have installed many on-premise systems, but enrollment has always been done via local network.

Can someone help !?

Thanks

Jan

2 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
GPMOD@SOTI | posted this 15 April 2019

Hello Jan,

Could you please let us know if you are using Enrollment ID or Enrollment URL to enroll a device. Apart from trying to connect to the deployment server, while enrolling the device also needs to talk to the SOTI Services URLs, mentioned here: https://www.soti.net/mc/help/v14.2/en/setup/installing/soti_services.html

Thank you,

SOTI Technical Support | SOTI Inc. | 1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net

Jan Skou Andersen | posted this 16 April 2019

Hi !

I download the mcsetup.ini from the add-devices rule on the MobiControl server and I download the agent.apk from the soti Agent download website. Then (using Zebra StageNow tool) I download these 2 files to the Zebra TC25 device, install the agent.apk and then start the agent. In some way (I assume) the agent use the mcsetup.ini file to connect to the MobiControl server to enroll. If it's using Enrollment-ID or Enrollment-URL, I'm not sure.

Cheers

Jan

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback