Mobicontrol 14 Groups Horizontal Scroll

Mobicontrol 14 Groups Horizontal Scroll

Hello

In Mobicontrol 14+ is hard to select a group when there are several nested levels. There is not horizontal scroll.

How can you cope with this?

Is Soti planning to fix this very basic issue? 

• 22 June 2018
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 7 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 2 Followers
  • 1.5K Views
    • 7 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 2 Followers

7 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
GMod@SOTI | posted this 25 June 2018

Hi Edgar,

Unfortunately, currently there is no way to side-scroll to view more information for long names or groups multi-level sub-groups.

However, it is possible to expand the Device Groups column by hovering over the border and drag when the cursor changes to the opposite facing arrows:

(*NOTE: the cursor is not visible with my screen capture software but you should see the cursor change when you hover over the border)

This also works better if you have your browser maximized assuming you have the available screen space.

If the above does not work for your use case, you can place a Feature Request to add side-scrolling as a suggestion for the developers.
As an alternative, I may also suggest the Feature Request include adding a "tool-tip" feature where the full name appears when you hover over the group name - especially if the developers do not think side scrolling is necessary with the availability of column expansion.

I hope the above helps.

Regards, 
~G

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | soti.net |

Edgar Gomez | posted this 25 June 2018

Hi,

What browser are you using?

I've tried in Chrome, Firefox, IE and it expands a little to the right, as you see in the attached video, but not as you showed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_xer1M_oqBd0Vcfelu3gEto9Jgamwo9x/view?usp=sharing

GMod@SOTI | posted this 26 June 2018

Hi Edgar,

I have tried on both Chrome and Firefox and I did not have any issues with column expansion.
However, taking a look at your video, it appears that you are on a lower resolution than my workstation.

Can you tell me what resolution you are on?
I am using 1920 x 1080 and I do not have any issues with resizing (although there is a limit). I tried again on a lower resolution (1360 x 768) on Firefox and I noticed that the limit is indeed a little smaller. This is happened when the browser was maximized though - I noticed that when I restored to window (unmaximize), I was able expand the to previous limit again.

Chrome did not seem to have this issue on either resolutions for me.

Is there another PC you can try this on?

Regards,
~G

Edgar Gomez | posted this 26 June 2018

Hello,

My screen is 1366x768, as most laptops around.

Is there any minimun required screen resolution required to expand groups panel?

It´s kind of annoing since versión 13 didn't have this issue.

Carlos Prieto | posted this 29 June 2018

Hi Edgar yes there's is a limit of you can expand the vertical bar on the groups, and just like you I primary use a laptop with the 1366x768 screen resolution (firefox) and i cannot extend the group enough. however i use an external monitor docking into my laptop as a secondary monitor (1600x900) and by moving the firefox to the second screen i can see or i can extend further my group view, try if its possible to upscale your resolution or try it on a secondary monitor that should help

regards

Edgar Gomez | posted this 29 June 2018

Thank you Carlos, I think Soti developers only use workstations with large screens. I think they can improve their adaptive design.

GMod@SOTI | posted this 13 July 2018

Hi Edgar,

I have received a response from one of our product managers and they confirmed that Horizontal Scrolling is currently being worked on as a Feature Request to view nested groups.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm an ETA but I can confirm that the most recent activity from the FR was a few days ago so the request is active and being worked on. 

I hope that addresses the behaviour for lower resolution machines in the future.

Regards,

~G

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback