Mobicontrol install Windows Mobile 6.x

Mobicontrol install Windows Mobile 6.x

Trying to build a device agent for a windows mobile 6 device and when i look in the  manager it doesnt allow a cab file to be downloaded anympre.. as well as when i look in the help it states that .exe is not supported in windows mobile 5 and 6.. what can be done here?

• 05 June 2019
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 8 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 2 Followers
  • 1.9K Views
    • 8 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 2 Followers

8 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Matt Dermody | posted this 05 June 2019

I'm sorry, but are you trying to actually build a MobiControl device agent for a Windows Mobile device or are you trying to find a download for one to install on a device? 

Bill Stork | posted this 05 June 2019

I am upgrading to V14 and noticed that it no longer allows you to download the .CAB file as I used to be able to in V11. I have a Honeywell 99EX with windows mobile 6.5 classic installed. 

Jim J | posted this 06 June 2019

If you create an Add Rule and get all the way to provision device, if you choose Self-Extracting Executable, the exe file that is downloaded should run on your windows mobile device. 

When it run, it will extract into a cab file (with my version: PPC_ARM_1412M_SIGN.cab) and the pdb.ini file.

In my Windows Mobile 6.5 version, my build was based upon using cab files. So I executed this on one device and harvested the cab file and the PDB.ini files for use in my processes.

Is this what you are looking for? 

Bill Stork | posted this 06 June 2019

yes but did you have to do something specific to the ini file so it wasnt customized for the original  device?

Bill Stork | posted this 12 June 2019

Still trying to figure this out.. I have windows mobile 6.1 and windows mobile 6.5 devices that need cab files (which used to be provided with embedded settings). When I looked at the documentation it specifically says that the EXE is not supported in Windows Mobile 5 and 6doc

NSMOD@SOTI | posted this 13 June 2019

Hello Bill,

Thank you for requesting a response from SOTI Support staff.

Could you please provide the answer to a few questions below:

1. have you tried to generate the agent and run the .exe file on the device? what was the outcome?

2. Are you also putting the MCsetup.ini file in the device (could be the Root directory for example) before running the executable?

Please feel free to let us know for any of your queries.

Thank you.

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Bill Stork | posted this 14 June 2019

I have tried that but the build process that we follow is to boot with factory reset with cab file in stable storage and the device auto installs all software.. This has always worked in the past.. 

RJMOD@SOTI | posted this 09 August 2019

Hi Bill,

Adding to Jim's response regarding running the .exe and extracting the CAB and INI files -- there is also the option to download the INI from the provision device screen. This should not contain any device specific information.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. | 1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback