MobiControl Search Service - No Connection Could Be Made Because The Target Machine Actively Refused It
You can first check at Windows Server "Services" to see if your Soti Search Service get automatically restarted. If not, do it manually, and change the property to "auto restart (with delay)". If this is not the problem, then the problem may be due to firewall somewhere.
Did your colleague reconfigure the external firewall recently? Although all server components reside in the same machine/VM, some inter-module packets might get routed out of the server to your firewall and routed back to the server again, depending on how to set your deployment server parameters in MCadmin.exe. These packets might be blocked by the external firewall. You can ask your infrastructure colleague who configures the external firewall to add exception to allow inbound & outbound traffic at port 9200 and 9300 from/to respectively your MC server machine.
Thank you for the response. The Soti Search Service is set to automatically start(with delay), but not to restart if the service fails. I had tried to start it manually because it is currently stopped and get a popup saying "Windows could not start the MobiControl Search on Local Computer. For more information review the System Event Log. If this is a non-MIcrosoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 1."
The system event log just says, "The MobiControl Search service terminated with service-specific error Incorrect function."
We are currently doing some external firewall work, but we aren't seeing dropped packets on the firewall to/from this IP or ports . Tomorrow, we can try adding an exception just for kicks and see if it that helps. I will post back with results. Thank you!
Good Morning, even though we weren't seeing any network traffic being dropped by the firewall we added a complete whitelisting of services for any traffic to/from this server. Unfortunately the service still doesn't start.
I see that you have an existing case within support regarding this. In taking a look at the logs a DLL file seems to be behind this. The exact root cause has not been determined yet but we have been able to resolve a handful of cases where this is happening.
First step is to back up your SQL DB. Then uninstall the current version of MC and reinstall it to the same version of the software connecting it to the existing DB.
I have discussed this with your technician who will be reaching out to you regarding next steps.
Upgrading may be a good idea but I would continue to attempt to resolve this first and upgrade afterwards if you so choose.
Hope this helps,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! The uninstall and reinstall fixed it!