MobiControll 14 Enterprise Agent to Samsung A10 hangs on Adding Account

MobiControll 14 Enterprise Agent to Samsung A10 hangs on Adding Account

I have enrolled some Android 9 and 10 using the same add rules, with no problem et all.

Unfortunately the Samsung A10, when in Android 10, hangs on the step to add account.

It does not matter how many times we touch/click the message to add account, it does not proceeds further the installation.

Usually, touching exhaustive on Google account it flows, but not for this case.

Is there any work around to add the managed google account ?

• 29 September 2020
  • General
  • 6 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 2 Followers
  • 2.7K Views
    • 6 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 2 Followers

6 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
JCMOD@SOTI | posted this 15 March 2021

Hi J Simpson,

You're on the right track, it's likely an issue with how the SHA256 is deployed within your environment. I suggest you ring our Technical Support line and have a quick and efficient troubleshooting session to figure it out.

Also, If you're enrolling through Enrollment ID, try right-clicking your Add Device Rule and click "Update Enrollment Profile" and try again

Useful Link: https://discussions.soti.net/kb/android-10-sha-1-deprecation/

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

JCMOD@SOTI | posted this 15 March 2021

Hi Both,

Thank you for posting in SOTI Central.

If you utilize an Android Enterprise binding and the Android Identity process seems to be "hanging" as demonstrated in the original post. Then it's likely a network-related issue. Please proceed to Page 37 of the referenced link below and authorize the correct FQDN's accordingly.

Each row will provide an explanation so that you can adjust your environment accordingly.

Reference: https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.android.com/en//static/2016/pdfs/enterprise/Android-Enterprise-Migration-Bluebook_2019.pdf

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need clarification. Also if this resolves the issue, please mark this post as the solution.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

J Simpson | posted this 15 March 2021

Hello,

I do not believe this is an issue with our network settings. We have successfully enrolled many android 8 devices without issue, and I am still able to do so. I believe our issue stems from this SHA-1 Certificate depreciation. We have recently generated the SHA-2 cert and removed the SHA-1 certificate (enabling us to begin the enrollment for these android 10 devices). The device is a Zebra TC52x, and I discovered an error in the device logs after enrolling that reads:

"Error message received from device (Managed Google Play Account Status:'EXCEPTION_ADDING_ACCOUNT javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Chain contains SHA1 algorithm which is deprecated"

I'm guessing we missed a step during our setup of the SHA-2 certificate.

I thank you for your response though, and have saved that document link, as it looks to contain a lot of helpful information!

J Simpson | posted this 15 March 2021

Were you ever able to solve this? We are beginning our enrollment of some A10 devices and have run into the same issue. If you were able to resolve, would you be willing to share what steps where taken?

Joao Nelson Cavezale de la Torre | posted this 01 October 2020

I have tried to install the Root certificate on mobile when it shows the hanged screen . I could install the certificate but when starting back the Mobile itstill hangs on requesting google account.

Joao Nelson Cavezale de la Torre | posted this 30 September 2020

Could it be due certificate issues, that are not accepted by Soti internal CA generated certificates on Android 10 ?

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback