Mode COPE Android 11

Mode COPE Android 11

Hello,

Has anyone among you tested COPE mode on Android 11?

During our tests, the devices register either in "Work Managed Device" mode with afw#mobicontrol or in "Corporate Personal" mode via Knox Enrollment.

In the first case, there isn't pro/personal container, the profiles are of "Android Enterprise" type.
In the second case, there is pro/personal container, the profiles are of "COPE" type except that the remote is in "view" mode.

The SOTI enrollment rule is the same in both cases: check "Enroll your fully managed device with a work profile"
In addition, we don't encounter these issues with Android 10.

Console version: 15.3.0.6713

If anyone has any information on these topics.

Thank you.

• 30 March 2021
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 2 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 2 Followers
    • 2 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 2 Followers

2 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
JCMOD@SOTI | posted this 30 March 2021

Hi Remi,

Thank you for posting in SOTI Central.

It seems on Android 11 COPE and afw#mobicontrol enrollment, COPE doesn't work as we would expect. This is an unfortunate Android platform restriction that we have no control over at this moment in time.

Your solution is to enroll through the MobiControl Stage Programmer App (QR/NFC), which should then resolve your issue. If it doesn't, look into upgrading your firmware and then try the method again.

If this resolves your issue, please mark this post as the solution. Also, feel free to reach out if you need clarification or have any follow-up questions.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Rémi | posted this 30 March 2021

Hello,

I did as you said: to enroll through the MobiControl Stage Programmer App (QR)
My device is still in remote view

Here is the state of the agent:

Firmware is up to date.
I restarted the device as well as the SOTI application.

Thanks for your help

Regards.

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback