Plugin needed for Nokia 5.3

Plugin needed for Nokia 5.3

Hi together,

we will use Nokia 5.3 in future. There's only RemoteView available for now. I think because of no plugin.

Will be there a plugin coming for Nokia 5.3 or is there another Nokia-Plugin which will work (tested "Nokia and Nokia 5.0, both can't be installed because of incompatiblity)?

Or must i do a request at a different place?

13 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 24 July 2020

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for requesting an answer from SOTI!

SOTI Product Team is working on the plugin for Nokia 5.3 and they have confirmed to upload it on the SOTI website by EOD. I will notify you when we have it available on the SOTI site.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |+1-888-494-SOTI (7684) | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Rafael | posted this 27 July 2020

Thanks a lot, saw it now on your agent download page.

I added it to the packages be installed but get following error message:

DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 28 July 2020

Hi Rafael,

Can you please confirm how did you upload the package to the web-console? Did you browse the apk directly on the Package tab or did you convert the apk to pcg file before uploading on the Package tab?

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |+1-888-494-SOTI (7684) | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Rafael | posted this 29 July 2020

When you download it. it's already a *.pcg file (Nokia_5.3_RC_AE_1.17.0.125.pcg). So i didn't do anything to it, only upload the package to the package tab and add it to the profile to be installed.

DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 29 July 2020

Thanks for confirming Rafael, so the above error message was received after pushing the profile to the device, correct?

I will be testing this behavior on my local server and provide you an update soon.

Regards,

Rafael | posted this 29 July 2020

Yes, i only added it to the profile and the profile is already assigned to the device. So the device get's the plugin over the profile then and fails.

Rafael | posted this 31 July 2020

Ok, i think i found something which made this problem.

I installed a second device and it has made a systemupdate.

There the plugin works and all is fine.

I think on the other (problem) phone, there was no system update made because of wifi connection and restrictions for that.

Problem Phone - OEM Version: 00WW_1_030

New Phone - OEM Version: 00WW_1_240

But there's one small issue i found: If you use Kiosk-Mode, after you turn the phone on (from standby) and unlock it, you have to tap the back button (triangle) otherwise you are not able to do anything.

DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 31 July 2020

Thanks Rafael for bringing this into notice. I will have to test this on my device and provide an update to you ASAP.

Regards,

DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 04 August 2020

Hi Rafael,

I tried installing latest released plugin over Nokia 5.3 and I did not come across the mentioned issue.

But, What I observe is if I have more content on Lockdown page and the Internet speed is slow then, it will need approximately 3-5 seconds to refresh the page and if the speed is enough then it works fine.

So, can you please wait without pressing back button and see screen is responding or not?

Regards,

Rafael | posted this 05 August 2020

We use latest plugin too but the problem is always there.

After you unlock, you see the "refresh" and then nothing works unless you press the triangle.

Something i thought about is, can the kiosk-mode get problems because of its design (xml)?

I tried different designs, made for our Zebra's but all have the same issue only on the Nokia.

And the connection is as good as possible (Wifi and server is in same building/network).

DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 05 August 2020

Rafael, I could not experience this on the latest plugin. Can you please raise a support case(click here) or call SOTI Support team(click here) to troubleshoot further and provide you the fix ASAP?

Regards,

Rafael | posted this 05 August 2020

I found out something new:

If i turn the phone into standby and wait only a few seconds before i turn it on and unlock then i have the described problem.

But if i turn the phone into standby and wait a longer time (don'T know when this happens, it was now 3 hours or so) the problem did not appear.

Strange...

Shell i open a ticket netherless?

DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 05 August 2020

Rafael,

Please open the ticket. This is not the actual working of the MobiControl agent on the device. One of the SOTI Support agent will help you to test this on your behalf and provide a fix ASAP.

Regards,

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback