Possible to create Folders in Kiosk Mode (Windows 10)

Possible to create Folders in Kiosk Mode (Windows 10)

Hello,

We would like to use a Windows 10 Tablet (Zebra ET55) in Kiosk Mode. One of the requirements is to be able to create a folder and then within the folder have a bunch of icons for programs we can launch. For instance, we might want a folder called Browsers. When the user clicks on the Folder, they then see “Microsoft Edge”, “Google Chrome” and “FireFox” as options.

Is this possible with MobiControl Version 14.1.0.1152?

Thanks. 

-- Val

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Scott | posted this 02 July 2019

I have found the Win10 support to be marginal with both the agent and the kiosk lockdown.  Strange user account interactions and too many ways for users to defeat the lockdown.  To that end, on the devices to which we deploy MC (external nonAD connected) we decided to install Win10 LTSC and use the kiosk/lockdown mechanisms provided there instead of those in MC.  MC essentially is just a mechanism to stage packages and provide device location reporting.

Val | posted this 02 July 2019

Thanks Scot ...

We have an application that calls other apps. Do you know if that's permitted in Kiosk mode? For instance, the app might call the Settings, or the Camera or the Google Chrome browser with a URL.

--- Val

Raymond, Chan | posted this 04 July 2019

Though I haven't fully re-tested your interested Win10 features on real devices for quite some time, I checked the web-console as well as the documentation and found virtually no change.  Windows 10 Kiosk mode is still controlled via the "Assigned Access" configuration payload in the profile tab, and there currently seems to have no support for folder.

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback