Raspberry Pi 4 running Linux agent keeps disconnecting

Raspberry Pi 4 running Linux agent keeps disconnecting

We have a bunch Raspberry Pi 4's running Raspbian v10.  When they were first enrolled into Soti, they showed up online, but now they are all showing all offline.  I can ping and SSH and VNC into these devices, so I know they are online.  It's just not showing active on Soti's side.  Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas as to why they disconnect?

Soti Version - 14.4.7.1053

11 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
JVMOD@SOTI | posted this 04 March 2020

Hello Rob Padovano,

Thank you for your post, please share screenshot of the logs

Also, if you access MobiControl agent on the device what exactly it shows as the status?

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Durgesh, Singh | posted this 23 April 2020

Hi Rob,

is Raspberry Pi 4 running on ARM 64 bit processor?

As of now, we only support devices running on ARM32 processor.  Support ARM 64 bit processor is coming future release. Let us know if you want to have an early access for the same.

Thanks,

Rob Padovano | posted this 23 April 2020

JVMOD - How do you access the MobiControl Agent on the Pi?

@Singh - Yes, they are 64 bit, however I have a couple of Pis that have been connected for two months and still connected.  Also, we had these devices in our Dev server and they were connected the whole time.  It wasn't until we moved them into the Prod server is when the issue started.

JVMOD@SOTI | posted this 23 April 2020

Hello Rob Padovano,

Thank you for your response, did your network changed when devices were moved from Dev server to Prod server?

Kind Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

@JVMOD - No, same exact network.

Hello Rob Padovano,

Thank you for your response, I believe devices are not able to connect due deployment server is changed.

In MCAdmin, are you using FQDM or IP address?

Kind Regards,

I don't think the server change is the issue.  When I switched them over, they connected.  I saw them in the Prod server and was able to dial into them.  Out of no where, they disconnected and never reconnected.  

We use the IP  Address.

Hello Rob Padovano,

Thank you for your response, to resolve this issue we need to access your server.

Please reach out to Technical Support team by creating a case or dial +1-905-624-9828.

Please click here to log a case online.

Note - please find contact numbers here with respect to specific region as above mention number is only for Canada.

Kind Regards,

Raymond Chan | posted this 24 April 2020

Hi Rob,

You should have said clearly, or been asked to clarify, about what you had done to"move" your Pi from one server to another.

From your posts, your two servers are on the same network and are both active as of now, and they are configured with different IP addresses rather than FQDN's in MCadmin.  The other MCadmin settings, and how you enrolled/moved your device, affect if your device is properly enrolled onto the new server.   

Durgesh, Singh | posted this 27 April 2020

@Rob: Could you try to use the latest Linux agent v 15.0.2 https://docs.soti.net/mobicontrolagentdownloads/

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback