Samsiung A70 lost SOTI connection after upgrade to Android 10

Samsiung A70 lost SOTI connection after upgrade to Android 10

Hello 

I have enrolled 250 Samsung A70 in SOTI.

Enrollement has been made using AFW#mobictonrol.

Devices were Android 9 when enrolled.

No problem occured with enrollement and configuration (package deployment)

Now some users have upgraded to Android 10 and can't connect anymore to SOTI.

Device displays SSL Error Message

Any idea ?

9 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 13 May 2020

What are the version and build numbers of your MobiControl server?

Are you using self-signed or paid SSL certificate from CA vendor for your MobiControl server?

steve halsberghe | posted this 13 May 2020

SOTI version is MobiControl1448Setup_1043_release

I use default certificate (provided by soti server itself I guess)

Randy, Saputra | posted this 13 May 2020

Hi Steve,

I think you should ask Support to install the SHA2 certificate to your server.

Probably because Android 10 need that certificate to communicate with the server.

Hope it's help.

Thanks & regards,

Randy

Is your MobiControl server on-premises or a Soti cloud server?

Was your current v14.4.8 server upgraded from any v14.1 or earlier version? Or was it a clean installation from scratch?

steve halsberghe | posted this 13 May 2020

Hi

It's an onpremise server.

Yep, server was upgraded from 14.1

steve

For on-premises MobiControl server, you can run MCadmin utility to check the spec of the MobiControl root certificate and the SSL certificate used.

If you are using the default self-signed SSL certificate, you MIGHT need to have a stronger SSL certificate from a CA for Android 10.  I am still figuring out if this is mandatory for any Android 10 devices running Android-Enterprise device agent or not.  Please consult Soti support team to confirm.

If your MobiControl root certificate installed is not strong enough, there might also be a need to upgrade it using MobiControl v14.4.* MCadmin utility.  However, consult Soti support team on the detailed procedure before you do anything with this.  Any steps done want can potentially cause some/ALL your enrolled devices  to be out-of-control, and device-recalls or even device factory-reset is needed to get the device re-enrolled back to the system.  

Andrei | posted this 03 August 2020

Hello Raymond, 

Any updates on this? I encounter the same issues with android 10 and want to know which type of certificates i need to install on the server in order for it to work.

I use 13.4.0.4449 version of the solution and have on premise server with a SHA-256 with RSA Encryption ( 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11 ) SSL certificate. 

Any ideas how to make this work?

Best regards, 

Edgar Gomez | posted this 03 August 2020

You need to update Mobicontrol to versión 14 or 15.

It is not only the SSL certificate for the web console. It is more about the deployment server certificates Mobicontrol uses for devices conections. With Soti support you may generate a new Mobicontrol Root certificate, and then the other certificates from it.

As mentioned above, this is critical to your system, and must be done carefully.

Andrei | posted this 04 August 2020

Hello,  

How can I update it? Do i need to contact someone?

Best regards, 

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback