Serial number macro in the device setup is not showing for Zebra TC26 device
Greetings for the day!!
Thanks for your Post on Soti Central!!
Since the issue is happening on one particular model of same manufacturing zebra device inspite of having serial no mentioned in device details as you mentioned so kindly test the following and let us know the outcome
1. Is this issue happening on a single or multiple TC26 devices
2. Are you able to test by renaming the device using below macros and what was the output for TC26.
Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |+1-888-494-SOTI (7684) | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.soti.net |
Kindly see the update for each points below:
1. This is also happening to multiple TC26 devices.
2. The device is showing with AndroidPlus 00001.
3. Tried multiple times re-enrolling the device (with and without enterprise reset) but with no avail.
4. Please update us once it is cleared from your side.
Have you try setting test script command such as
showmessagebox "Ser Num: %SERIALNUM%"
to an ENROLLED TC26 and see if anything meaningful is displayed. Your problem may be due to outdate firmware not compatible with new restrictions imposed on Android 10+ Android-Enterrprise devices. If so, your problem might be solved after installing new Zebra firmware patch, hopefully to be released in the near future if Zebra knows about the problem. If the test above gives correct serial number, then there might be some work to be done on Soti side to fix the problem.
The test script above is working fine.
Also I observed that the device serial number is not available once I enrolled the device. But after doing the necessary work profile permission in the phone, the serial number is now displaying in the device details.
My guess is the device is not allowing SOTI to check the hardware serial number and will only be available after allowing some necessary phone permission.
Thank you again for replying to my question.