Set Chrome as default browser

Set Chrome as default browser

Hi All,

Is there a way to set Chrome as the default browser on all devices in a SOTI group?

I've searched the forum, and I have found some questions regarding this topic from the past, but there were no solutions there.

Thank you in advance,
Csaba

5 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 24 March 2021

What device brand(s) and platform (OEM specific Android+ or Android Enterprise) are you talking about?

Csaba | posted this 24 March 2021

Hi Raymond,

You're right, I've forgotten to mention this.

We are using Android+ (Samsung devices).

Raymond Chan | posted this 24 March 2021

For Samsung OEM specific Android+ device agent, there are ways to set default app for SMS Messaging or TTS, but I am not aware of any way to directly set the default browser.  One of the possible ways to indirectly achieve it is probably to make Chrome your only browser app on the device by using appropriate app whitelist(s) or blacklist(s) in applicaton-run-control profile(s).

JCMOD@SOTI | posted this 24 March 2021

Hi Csaba,

On top of Raymond's response, I suggest you raise a Feature Request via support@soti.net / support.eu@soti.net for this functionality. This suggestion could also be applied to aspects such as default Phone App etc, you should mention that too.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Csaba | posted this 25 March 2021

Thank you all for your help!

Currently it is not possible to set the default browser centrally, but I have raised a feature request for this.

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback