Soti Mobicontrol 14.4 alert rules and syslog (or snmp, etc..)
The standard actions supporedt for alert rules for most platforms include :
- Send email(s) according to one ore more email profiles
- Show message on the device
- Relocate device automatically to a new device group (i.e. change to any combinations of new profiles/rules/advanced-settings associated with the new device group)
- Block Exchange ActiveSync
- Block / allow access for Soti Hub (for platforms supporting Soti Hub)
so you confirm there are no options to send the event to a different syslog or snmp server, correct?
No, not at the moment, as far as I know.
But you can always make a feature request, especially if you have strong reasons behind it, or when the use case is needed by many existing or new customers.
One possible indirect approach to do it maybe is to write proprietary software to poll device status/event via REST API's. In other words, implement your own custom alert rules via polling of targeted device status/event with REST API's supported by MobiControl server, and you can implement any desirable actions (possibly also using REST API's to write to Syslog or whatever server you are interested in).