Soti Mobicontrol 14.4 alert rules and syslog (or snmp, etc..)

Soti Mobicontrol 14.4 alert rules and syslog (or snmp, etc..)

Reading the doc and making some tests it seems that alert rules can only have "send email" as action when the condition is triggered.

Is it possible to perform different actions from send an email? For example sending the alert info to a syslog server or to a snmp server, etc.

I tried to configure a syslog server as global settings but mobicontrol doesn't send any information when an alert rule is triggered, I only have a message when the alert rule is configured on the device:

Jul 11 09:48:28 SERVER MobiControl[7844] [Device, Information, DeviceAlertConfigured] Device Status and Custom Data alert configured (1 alert) (Server/DeviceID/UserName:SERVER/359937067178731/System)#015

Thanks for the attention!

• 11 July 2019
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 3 Answers
  • 1 Upvote
  • 1 Follower
  • 1.8K Views
    • 3 Answers
    • 1 Upvote
    • 1 Follower

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 11 July 2019

The standard actions supporedt for alert rules for most platforms include :

- Send email(s) according to one ore more email profiles

- Show message on the device

- Relocate device automatically to a new device group (i.e. change to any combinations of new profiles/rules/advanced-settings associated with the new device group)

- Block Exchange ActiveSync

- Block / allow  access for Soti Hub (for platforms supporting Soti Hub)

Mirko Marraro | posted this 11 July 2019

Thanks Raymond,

so you confirm there are no options to send the event to a different syslog or snmp server, correct?

Raymond Chan | posted this 11 July 2019

No, not at the moment, as far as I know.

But you can always make a feature request, especially if you have strong reasons behind it, or when the use case is needed by many existing or new customers.

One possible indirect approach to do it maybe is to write proprietary software to poll device status/event via REST API's.  In other words, implement  your own custom alert rules via polling of targeted device status/event with REST API's supported by MobiControl server, and you can implement any desirable actions (possibly also using REST API's to write to Syslog or whatever server you are interested in).

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback