Soti Stage Programmer

Soti Stage Programmer

At the SOTI Stage Programmer App you can set Proxy Settings but no Proxy Bypass settings.

Why is this important (if proxy is used) feature missing?

There is no Windows or Web Barcode Generator which could create a QR (maybe as PDF or simple bmp)?

So we had to write a QR-Code Generator by ourself which does both (Proxy Bypass included, create as bmp).

Why SOTI doesn't provide that (maybe include it in Mobicontrol)? 

The Stage Programmer app is a simple "type-in" Programm too.

And (independently which QR-Code i use) when i set proxy seetings (with and without bypass) the wifi-settings can't be set.

When i set it manually its working fine.

Is there something which we should think about?

3 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 03 April 2020

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for posting your concern.

Please navigate to the below link to download the MobiControl Stage Barcode Generator and  MobiControl Stage Windows CE Client.

https://docs.soti.net/zebra/

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |+1-888-494-SOTI (7684) | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Rafael | posted this 06 April 2020

Thanks for your answer but it didn't help.

Why?

Frist of all i am not talking about Zebra. I'm talking about normal Smartphones using Android Enterprise Managed Google Account. So the Zebra Tools won'T work on other devices.

Second MobiControl Stage works only for Mobicontrol Client when it's already installed but on normal devices it isn't. So this doesn't make sense for us in this case. (And it isn't able to set wifi settings, only getting error messages)

Third the Mobicontrol Stage Barcode Generator is already only an App. And as i said it can't

- create a QR-Code with Proxy Bypass (we need this)

- save the generated QR-Code as PDF or bmp file (we need one of these)

- is only available for android (we need windows or web)

Fourth (and MAIN problem) is that android staging doesn't work with QR in the moment when i use proxy settings. It's regardless if i use only Proxy Host and Port or if i use Proxy Bypass too. I get everytime the error that the wifi-settings can't be set.

This happens with QR-Code from "Mobicontrol Stage Programmer" App (see below) and with mine too, tested both. 

When i don't use the proxy settings or leave them clear (""), they are set. And when i set them manually (Proxy Host, Port and Bypass) it's fine too. There's only then a connection problem which i'll work on when QR-Code is working or can this be the problem?

From Stage Programmer:

{

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_SIGNATURE_CHECKSUM":"hn8mSNJMPcovWbnnWrb-uMpWZjNlNp-jyV_2A-Whumc=",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_COMPONENT_NAME":"net.soti.mobicontrol.androidwork/net.so

ti.mobicontrol.admin.DeviceAdminAdapter",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_WIFI_SECURITY_TYPE":"REMOVED",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_DEVICE_ADMIN_PACKAGE_DOWNLOAD_LOCATION":"http://soti.net/apk/ae2",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LOCALE":"de_DE",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_WIFI_SSID":"REMOVED",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LEAVE_ALL_SYSTEM_APPS_ENABLED":true,

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_WIFI_PASSWORD":"REMOVED",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_WIFI_PROXY_HOST":"REMOVED",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_TIME_ZONE":"Europe/Amsterdam",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_WIFI_PROXY_PORT":"REMOVED",

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_ADMIN_EXTRAS_BUNDLE":{"enrollmentId":"REMOVED"}

}

And Bypass would be additional:

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_WIFI_PROXY_BYPASS":"REMOVED"

And i use 

"android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_TIME_ZONE":"Europe/Berlin",

instead of "Europe/Amsterdam"

DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 14 April 2020

Hi Rafael,

Can you please raise a support case(click here) or call SOTI Support team(+1 905.624.9828) to assist you better?

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |+1-888-494-SOTI (7684) | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback