SOTI surf

SOTI surf

Is there a way to run a script when an app closes? Basically, trying to wipe SOTI Surf when it closes, fresh for the next user.

At the moment it’s keeping users logged in, I tried clear history and delete cookies on start up but it’s like the apps instance doesn’t fully close…

• 12 July 2019
  • SOTI surf
  • 6 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 2 Followers
    • 6 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 2 Followers

6 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond, Chan | posted this 12 July 2019

This can be quite tricky. 

What are the version and build numbers of your MobiControl server and the device platform(s)  (Android+, Android-Enterprise, iOS, Winodws, etc.) you are using?

Are you using kiosk/lockdown menu on your devices?  And is there any authentication (e.g. AD/LDAP account) when accessing the lockdown or your Soti Surf?

christopheBERNARD | posted this 12 July 2019

Hello roos,

i'm not an expert but have you got try to clear soti cache ?

click on device , and select clear soti cache

Ross , Hathaway | posted this 12 July 2019

Using kiosk to lock down the devices.

No AD/LDAP account

Clearing the cache would work but thats not really a solution as that requires manual intervention

Matt Dermody | posted this 12 July 2019

You could try clearing out the whole Android app cache with the wipeapplication script. If you use the SOTI lockdown you can create a shortcut to a script that calls wipeapplication and then starts the app. To the end user it will look like they're just launching Surf directly but it technically will be wiping the application before it launches. 

Raymond, Chan | posted this 13 July 2019

I actually heard more voices requesting Soti Surf to keep previous SURF session context in case the home key or other events cause temporary exit to the kiosk menu or other UI screen.  Your requirements seem to be the opposite.  This can be annoying as end-user might need to press many keys or authenticate again if he/she accidental pres the wrong key(s) that cause permanent exit from the Soti Surf session.

As I just found out that the "start" script command no longer works with Soti Surf on the latest v13.7.x device agent,  I believe it is now more difficult to achieve what you want cleanly with one lockdown menu item.   If you can tolerate having a second lockdown menu item that give the device end-user an option to clean up all cached data/history associated with Soti Surf, then it is possible to associate this second menu item with a script including the following

sendinfo net.soti.action.surf clearcache

which is much lighter than the "wipeapplicaiton" script command.

Ross , Hathaway | posted this 15 July 2019

Matt how do you run a script and launch an application at the same time?

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback