Soti Surf on android 7 -> accept permission

Soti Surf on android 7 -> accept permission

Hello all,

we have the server on version : 13.3.0.3454

we have the client on version : 13.6.0 build 1476

we have some device on android 6.0 and we have some new device in android 7.0.

We used the zebra TC75x as a device.

Actually we have a lock down, in this html page we have some icon.

These icons launch some links with soti surf. All works fine with android 6.0 and 7.0.

But i have a little problem...

My problem is when I installed Soti Surf on android 7.0, at the end of installation when soti surf starts I need to accept some permissions ...

In android 6.0 it's not necessary ...

I need to installs more than 100 news devices. 

Is there a way to accept these permissions automatically ?

thanks

4 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 11 February 2019

No. At least not at the moment (in the general sense for all OEM brands).

Matt Dermody | posted this 11 February 2019

It depends on how you're installing the app. If you utilize the Package Builder and distribute the APK as a file instead of as an APK then you can use the AppMgr MX CSP to install the App and have the permissions granted automatically. I think this approach has the draw back of not allowing a clean direct upgrade to a previous version of an app so you may need to have an uninstall SOTI script in your Pre-Install package scripting but otherwise this process would at least grant your permissions for you.

http://techdocs.zebra.com/mx/appmgr/

Raymond Chan | posted this 12 February 2019

If Google or some  OEM specific EMM API's support this just like what AppMgr supports for Zebra devices,  then it would be nice if Soti MobiControl can include similar functions (in separate apk's or AE plug-ins)  in the near future.

christopheBERNARD | posted this 12 February 2019

Hello Raymond and matt,

thanks for your time you spend here ..that's great.

@raymond => ok thanks.

@matt => yes i install the package with package builder for distribute this browser.

Ok thanks for the link i will check i suppose it's the zebra application stage now ?

I have used it for to make a procedure of initialize the device zebra tc 75 with bar code ..

have a nice day

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback