upgrade to Mobicontrol 15.3
I noticed that there are other posts on this forum reporting problem similar to yours. I was therefore a bit worried in the first few days after its release. But the new features for this version are really attractive and valuable to my customers. Eventually, I upgraded one of our test/demo servers on our own AWS server instances, and things looked OK so far, and we didn't see the problem you mentioned.
Thank you for posting in SOTI Central.
I suggest that you uninstall MobiControl itself, then re-run the installer's exe again and it should resolve your issue. Ultimately this will remove the Program Files installation directory contents and re-add the MC Installation files. Also to note, if you have a customized Search Service RAM Allocation, make sure to assign the RAM to the service.
Let me know if you have any questions or need clarification.
Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | email@example.com | www.soti.net |
Did you get a chance to test this issue as per above mentioned comment ? If after reinstallation , the issue is still pending then i will request you to create a support case(click here) or call SOTI Support team(click here)
Also, if that post has helped you in solving your issue, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from that information.
Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |+1-888-494-SOTI (7684) | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.soti.net |
i have Upated my On Premis Test System to 15.3 and do not have this issue.
Only with this Version 15.3 are new Functions available, what i hear will be able to buy with beginning next March 2021......
nope I have performed a rollback to 15.2.3 next upgrade attempt today off the business hours.
I let you know then, Kind Regards Tomas
Update: second install attempt - same result - installation ends with message: Setup failed to complete post-installation tasks. See help for further details. Same behavior in MC. I gathered some logs.
But then I reused the JCMOD@SOTI's advice and re-run the installation again and then it finished sucessfully without any issue. No errors in mcadmin - the old portal with Rules and Reports is accessible now - it seems fine so far -
thanks a lot everyone.