upgrade to Mobicontrol 15.3

upgrade to Mobicontrol 15.3

Hello 

has anyone already upgraded to Mobicontrol 15.3? (on-premise)?

There were some issues after installation, but were fixed in MCadmin. 

Main trouble is some menu items are unavailalble/blank -> e.g Rules,Reports.. its shown just empty window:

like the older portal is not available at all (as it was in 15.2.3). Im considering a rollback.

thanks Tomas

• 25 February 2021
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 6 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 3 Followers
  • 1.3K Views
    • 6 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 3 Followers

6 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 25 February 2021

I noticed that there are other posts on this forum reporting problem similar to yours.   I was therefore a bit worried in the first few days after its release.  But the new features for this version are really attractive and valuable to my customers.  Eventually, I upgraded one of our test/demo servers on our own AWS server instances, and things looked OK so far, and we didn't see the problem you mentioned.

JCMOD@SOTI | posted this 25 February 2021

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for posting in SOTI Central.

I suggest that you uninstall MobiControl itself, then re-run the installer's exe again and it should resolve your issue. Ultimately this will remove the Program Files installation directory contents and re-add the MC Installation files. Also to note, if you have a customized Search Service RAM Allocation, make sure to assign the RAM to the service.

Let me know if you have any questions or need clarification.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

ANKMOD@SOTI | posted this 25 February 2021

Hi Tomas

Greetings

Did you get a chance to test this issue as per above mentioned comment ? If after reinstallation , the issue is still pending then i will request you to create a support case(click here) or call SOTI Support team(click here)

Also, if that  post has helped you in solving your issue, I would request you to mark the particular comment as "is solution", so others may benefit from that information.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |+1-888-494-SOTI (7684) | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Marcus Breitenthaler | posted this 26 February 2021

Hi Tomas,

i have Upated my On Premis Test System to 15.3 and do not have this issue.

Only with this Version 15.3 are new Functions available, what i hear will be able to buy with beginning next March 2021......

sdczadm | posted this 26 February 2021

Hi everone,

nope I have performed a rollback to 15.2.3 next upgrade attempt today off the business hours.

I let you know then, Kind Regards Tomas

sdczadm | posted this 02 March 2021

Hello everyone,

Update: second install attempt - same result - installation ends with message: Setup failed to complete post-installation tasks. See help for further details. Same behavior in MC. I gathered some logs.

But then I reused the JCMOD@SOTI's advice and re-run the installation again and then it finished sucessfully without any issue. No errors in mcadmin - the old portal with Rules and Reports is accessible now -  it seems fine so far -

thanks a lot everyone.

Tomas

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback