Web filter - Cannot use ruletype "Block" with URL " * " anymore
Thank you for posting on SOTI Central.
We've fixed this problem on 15.1.1 and 15.2 - However, if you're unable to upgrade your MobiControl Version, this is the workaround:
1. Create a Profile with a Web Filter URL of "example.com". Don't assign yet.
2. Open SQL table called "Payload" (using SQL Studio).
3. Find the "Payload" row with "Content" that looks like: "Black1=example.com;BlackCount=1;". If you see multiple "Payload"s with similar "Content", use the latest.
4. In the "Content" of the "Payload", replace "example.com" with "*".
5. Restart the DS, and assign the Profile to devices.
Please exercise extra caution when performing the workaround, if you need assistance don't hesitate to contact Technical Support.
Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.soti.net |
Thanks for that quick answer. I cannot perform below activities unfortunately due to being on the Cloud. I'll request an update of my DEV environment to the latest MobiControl version to test and verify that I can upgrade my PROD environments.
I'll request an upgrade of the production environments once verified.