WEC7.0 device freezes in lockdown mode

WEC7.0 device freezes in lockdown mode

Hello,

I see a strange behavior on a SkorpioX4 with WEV7.0. I have a profile which copies a couple of files to the device and initiates a lockdown for a application I copy with the profile. On windows CE everything works as expected. On WEC the lockdown starts immediately but the files are not copied to the device (installation pending) and the device freezes.

If I split the profile into one copying the files to the device and one making the lockdown it works if I enable the second profile later manually. So it looks like a timing issue here.

I was wondering if a filter for the lockdown profile might help but I cannot find the syntax for the filter installed applications. I tried "\myfolder\myapp.exe" (were my app is located) but it seems that this does not work - the profile is not installed on the device.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Christian

4 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
SCMOD@SOTI | posted this 29 October 2019

Hello Christian,

Thank you for posting your question. 

If you are sending the package into the profile and pushing it to the device it will depend on what type of files are being pushed to the device. 

Please try using  wceload.exe /noui /noaskdest  before the file location. Use it as a post install script and test if it installs as expected. 

Recommended to test it on a test package on a single device.

Thank you.

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Christian Kettler | posted this 07 November 2019

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

Wceload is only for cab-files - right ? I copy just a bunch of files on the device.

In the meantime I found out that it is not the lockdown mode but the de-installation of a former package is jammed, the new package does not get installed and the lockdown is installed for the new package which does not arrive on the device - therefore is looks frozen but it waits for the package.

Same profiles work on other devices with WEC7.0 so I think this is a device-specific issue.

SCMOD@SOTI | posted this 07 November 2019

Hi Christian,

If this is a case of a single device and you cannot remove/revoke the packages/profiles completely form the device, I would recommend you to un-enroll and re-enroll the device. 

Also, if you are pushing multiple large files into the device, Try to segregate the files into different profiles. This will help the files to install quicker.

Thank you.

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Christian Kettler | posted this 27 November 2019

Hello,

thanks for the answer. In the meantime we found out that the Soti agent for the SkorpioX4 is buggy and the Generic Agent works well on the X4. However the Generic agent does not survive a cold boot.

kind regards

Christian

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback