What are the different account types for Application Deployment using the Google Play store?
There are 2 types of accounts that can be used for Application Deployment from the managed Google Play store.
Option 1: Managed Google Accounts (MGA - User Based Accounts)
- Admins must purchase a Domain and Link this to the Google Admin Portal
- Admins must replicate their Active Directory within the Google Admin Portal
- Admins must require the use of LDAP enrollment when users enroll their devices.
- Users must be added and removed from the Google Admin Portal as needed.
Option 2: Managed Google Play Accounts (MGPA - Device Based Accounts)
- Admins can create as many free Enterprises they require through MobiControl
- Admins have the option to use LDAP enrollment when new devices are enrolled.
- Accounts are created on the fly when devices are enrolled and deleted when devices unenroll, thus requiring no management
- Accounts are not tied to a user but rather to a device, so the user cannot logon to multiple devices and see the same set of applications.