Windows 10 Device Enrollment

Windows 10 Device Enrollment

When I went to install the .pkkg file on a device I received and error "A provisioning failure has occurred" Anyone know what that means and how to get around this

10 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Ozan Acikalin | posted this 09 September 2021

If the connection was not successful then it will not appear under access work or school.

But you can click on Add or remove a provisioning package. There you should find the package.

If thats the case then your pkkg file is not configured correctly OR you may have network problems.
Check if the necessary ports are open -> 5494/443 TCP outbond to your DS.

You can do that by using the powershell or cmd. Run one of them as admin and then just execute the ppkg file.
I experienced that it didn't worked for me by running the file with normal user privileges. Also make sure that
you are running Windows 10 Pro.

You dont have use that way to add/install the pkkg file.

Just copy and paste the pkkg file somewhere on your file system.

I recommend to run it as an admin.

I do the same when i add windows modern devices. I create the pkkg file -> copy the file to my
windows device -> run it as admin.

Ozan Acikalin | posted this 08 September 2021

There could be two reasons why you get that error message. (as far as i know)

The first reason is that the .pkkg file is not correct configured.

The second reason is that you already tried to run that .pkkg file. You can check
if there is already a packaged deployed:

• go to settings
  • go to accounts
  • go to access work or school
  • under related settings go to Add or remove a provisioning package

There could be a package. You can remove it and try to run your .pkkg file again. After
the the installation you should see back under access work or school a linked account
for MobiControl. You can click on it and check the status. It should show something
like connected. If not then it means your pkkg file has some wrong configurations.
I recommend to build a new package.

Michelle Porreca | posted this 09 September 2021

Thanks, It is showing an error on package installation, so I will need to go back to SOTI Support who walked me through creating the package - obviously something went wrong with it.

Thanks for your help on this - greatly appreciated.

I do not see the package in account settings. And Syncing appears to be turned off somewhere because it is grayed out.

You can check it under your account settings. Under work and school you should see something like this:

You can click on that account and click on info. When you scroll down a little bit you will find the device sync status.

Just click on sync again and check the result under Last attempted Sync. If its successful then you should see the
device on your MC webconsole. If not then your pkkg file is not configure correctly.

Cool ,,, Ran it using cmd prompt and Run As Administrator. I prompted me 'Is this package from a source you trust?' clicked on "Yes, add it". 

Now how do I know it installed the package?

Can you explain how to run the .pkkg file as an admin? When I right click on the .pkkg file on my windows device there is no option to 'Run as Administrator'

Michelle Porreca | posted this 08 September 2021

I discovered why I had received the previous error message - our antivirus software allows for not allowing USB drives. Once I allowed that on the machine I was able to go further. Now I am stuck at the screen shown below. I've tried inserting a USB drive with the package on it, and not with the USB drive inserted. Same message and no buttons to press to go further. Any ideas?

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback